Grade Level(s): K, 1-2
Description: Set of single & multiple phonograms including Assessment/Checklist for recording progress.
If the PDF does not load, you can download it here:
Alphabet Phonograms Flashcards
Notes for using the alphabet phonograms printable:
The number under the given phonogram indicates how many phonemes or sounds that that particular phonogram has.
- Print out the alphabet phonograms.
- Hold up each card and ask your child: What sound does the letter a say?
- Place a tick on your checklist for each correct sound given.
Complete this with all the alphabet phonograms. This need take no longer than 5-10 mins every day. Introduce only a few phonograms at a time.
File & periodically test to see how they are progressing and see what phonograms need more revision. When a child knows most of the alphabet phonograms they can be introduced to the consonant and vowel phonograms.
Phonograms with multiple sounds take longer to learn than single phonograms. A child who knows from the beginning that the letter O has three possible sounds will not be discouraged that the first sound did not work. They have two other choices to try.
- Phonics Alphabet Wheels – Initial Letters Share/BookmarkOne of my favourite alphabet printables are the Alphabet Wheels - These are so cool! This set consists of 5 easy to make Alphabet Wheels that cover...
- Second Grade Dolch Sight Words Tracing Flashcards Share/BookmarkThese sight word pages can be printed and cut apart into cards for centers, manipulatives, games, etc. Variation: Use full sheets (without cutting apart cards)...
- Third Grade Dolch Sight Words Tracing Flashcards Share/BookmarkThese sight word pages can be printed and cut apart into cards for centers, manipulatives, games, etc. Variation: Use full sheets (without cutting apart cards)...
- Alphabet Frieze – Classroom Display Cards Share/BookmarkLarge A4 size. Includes capital and lowercase letters. Clear graphics that begin with the letter sounds. Great for a classroom or home display. Grade Level(s):...
- Banana Uppercase Alphabet Share/BookmarkPrint banana cards onto cardstock and laminate for durability, if desired. Use alone for alphabet recognition, or combine with banana lowercase alphabet set to match...