This printable has a full lesson plan for the book Pumpkin, Pumpkin and a printable sequencing page that can be used for learning about the pumpkin life cycle alone or along with the book.
Students can use this printable to create a model of the pumpkin cycle. Here’s how:
- Color and cut out the life cycle stages from this printable.
- Make a jack-o-lantern for the last stage in the life cycle. You can staple two paper plates together and decorate it like a jack-o-lantern. Leave a section unstapled so the pieces can be stored inside the pumpkin.
- Attach a piece of yarn to the inside of the pumpkin with tape.
- Attach pictures to the yarn that represent each of the steps leading up to the jack-o-lantern. The pictures are meant to be folded on the dashed line and glued to the yarn so that the picture is on one side and the word is on the other side.
- The “vine” can be stuffed inside the pumpkin and gradually pulled out as students retell the Pumpkin, Pumpkin story, or recite the steps of the pumpkin life cycle. Be sure the pieces are in order so that it starts with the seed and ends with the jack-o-lantern: Seed, sprout, plant, flower, green pumpkin, orange pumpkin, jack-o-lantern.
Pumpkin Life Cycle Sequencing Printable
How are others using this printable?
I love seeing how others are using this to teach kids! All of these links feature photos of the completed activity.
- Pumpkin Fun
- Pumpkin Fun in Room P-1
- Pumpkins Theme Unit
- Pumpkin Life Cycle
- Pumpkin Fun
- This and That
Here’s a cute idea! Instead of making the life cycle model, they create a little pumpkin pop-up book. It’s upside down this way, but seems to work! I will have to create an optional version with the plants turned around for people who want to use it this way.
- Pumpkin Life Cycle Sequencing Cards Share/BookmarkThere are two sets of sequencing cards to choose from: 1. Pumpkin Life Cycle Sequencing Cards – Pictures are included for the seed, sprout, plant,...
- Pumpkin Compound Words Printable Activity Share/BookmarkPrint, cut apart, and then have students match the halves of the pumpkins to form the correct compound words. Available in both full color and...
- Printable Pumpkin Writing Paper – Portrait with Handwriting Lines Share/BookmarkThis pumpkin-themed writing paper has handwriting lines and portrait orientation. We also have versions with big handwriting lines, simple lines, and landscape orientation. If the...
- Printable Pumpkin Writing Paper – Portrait with Big Handwriting Lines Share/BookmarkUse this pumpkin writing paper for pumpkin-themed activities and writing lessons. This version has bigger handwriting lines and portrait orientation. If the PDF does not...
- Printable Pumpkin Writing Paper – Portrait with Simple Lines Share/BookmarkPumpkin writing paper – simple lines, vertical orientation If the PDF does not load, you can download it here: Pumpkin Writing Paper – Portrait with...